A complete financial plan unique to you
Comprehensive Financial Planning
Everyone who works with Create Wealth Financial Planning starts with a comprehensive financial plan (with the exception of Student Loan only plans). A comprehensive financial plan forms a basis for all initial financial planning recommendations, and all future review and monitoring of your unique situation. Your comprehensive financial plan is your road map for how to get from where you are today to where you want to be in the future.
Comprehensive planning starts by defining your unique needs, wants, and wishes that you have for yourself and the other important people in your life. This is how we know where you want to go on your financial journey. From there we tackle:
Savings and Investments
This is the gas in your financial engine.
- Understand where your money is going and align your savings with your short- and long-term needs.
- Need a plan around paying off debt? From credit cards to student loans this is where we will formulate the most efficient payoff plan.
- Saving for college? Understanding the pros and cons of different college savings plans as well as how much to save.
- We’ll also make sure your investment accounts are balanced in a way that is appropriate for the timeline of your goals and your capacity for investment risk.
Risk Management and planning for the unexpected
These are your seat belts.
- Are your cash reserves enough to protect your family from an unexpected event like a job loss or major home repair?
- Do you have sufficient life insurance to protect your family if something happened to you? Group coverage alone is often not enough.
- Is your disability coverage adequate? This is the risk that is most often overlooked and can be the most financially damaging.
Tax Planning and Estate planning
Supercharge your financial plan
If you’re struggling with Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, HSAs, and all the tax advantaged savings options, we will help you sort it out.
- Small business owners who might struggle with retirement savings may have more options than you realize to accumulate your own retirement savings bucket.
- Making sure your loved ones are cared for if the unexpected happens, as well as making sure you are protected in the event of your incapacity are all important elements of protecting your financial plan.
While the planning provided by CWFP does not replace the need of a licensed tax preparer and qualified estate planning attorney, we integrate these important concepts into your comprehensive plan and work with other professionals to review and coordinate recommended actions.
More complex issues
Variables that might be unique to your situation
- Employer benefit reviews to ensure you are maximizing available options.
- Equity compensation? We can help you understand what you have and the implications for your tax and investment picture.
- Charitable giving – we can talk through ways to maximize both the good you can do and the tax benefits your gift can provide.
Align your investments with purpose
Ongoing Planning and Investment Management
Your carefully crafted financial plan is only as good as your ability to implement the recommendations and take action. It can also leave many graduates starting their careers with mortgage sized debt.
- Your carefully crafted financial plan is only as good as your ability to implement the recommendations and take action. Additionally, life happens, and your plan may need routine updates as your income changes, your family grows, and goals change.
- With an ongoing planning relationship, initially we work to implement the recommendations in your financial plan, together, helping you see recommended actions through to completion.
- From there we have regularly scheduled meetings to review your progress and update your financial plan and recommended actions.
- “Our door is always open” – as life changes we can set up ad hoc meetings any time to review important updates. Job changes, bonus payouts, new homes, and new babies are just some of the reasons clients reach out for additional review.
- Investment management – opening and maintaining investment accounts that are coordinated with your goals and risk tolerance are a key part of your financial plan. Many of our clients choose to work with CWFP on this too, allowing them the time to focus on their own busy lives.
Understand your options and tackle your debt
Student Loan Planning
The federal student loan system can offer great opportunities for students to earn a valuable college degree. It can also be a tremendous burden after graduation, leaving many graduates starting their careers with home mortgage sized debt. A student loan plan can help you:
- Understand the complex Income Driven Repayment plans and loan forgiveness plans available through the federal government and whether you qualify.
- Analyze the long term cost of a potential income driven repayment schedule and loan forgiveness potential vs. paying loans in full more quickly.
- Evaluate and implement tax strategies to reduce your adjusted gross income (AGI) to lower income driven loan payments.
- For private loans and for those who do not have a path to loan forgiveness, evaluate the pros and cons of private loan refinance and exiting the federal loan system.
Please reach out to learn more about the cost and process of Student Loan only plans. Be prepared to discuss your loan details to determine if a planning opportunity exists.